Skip to main content

Simply amazing...

I guess the word of the day for me is: amazing. My son is simply amazing. He amazes me every single day. I guess after 18 months, they just take off and become these little people, with such amazing personalities. My baby boy is growing up so fast! Climbing on chairs, looking out of the window, saying bye-bye to the moon, reading his books (and I'm not kidding when I say he had a huge interest in books at the young age of 3 months old, when he was in CHEO) feeding himself - or trying to, anyway! It's so precious to see him take his little spoon or fork and bring it up to his mouth, looking at me with such happyness, like, "Look, mommy!" The way he runs up to me for hugs and kisses. The way he says 'shhh' and puts his finger to his lips... and the way he says 'hmmmmm' and taps his finger under his chin like I do, when I'm thinking of something. Oh, the joy and the amazement he brings me every second of every day! He loves to dance... and I love to watch him dance. It's the cutest thing. Babies are such amazing little things, and I cherish being a mom so much. I love all children, seeing them expand their minds, interact with one another, grow, learn, talk, run, cry in frustration... everything they do is amazing. Who cares if I am tired at the end of the day? My goodness! My baby is keeping me young! I'm playing again! I'm running around, laughing, giggling, having sleepovers every night - in my son's room - yes, I still sleep in my son's room and there is nothing wrong with that. (For the most part) I love sleeping with him and my hubby will still be there for me when I decide to go back to my big girl bed. But for now... sleeping with my child is amazing and I love it. He's also such a big help! He loves it when we vacuum (we have to do this a few times a day) and he vacuums, too! And dusts! OH, he loves to organize and clean and fold and put things in their place. God bless him! And all babies! They are all simply... amazing.

Comments

twinmomplusone said…
little ones are truly gifts from God and so precious that you have to savor every moment you get with them, which you obviously seem to do! And you still have so many years ahead of you filled with joy that this child will bring to you.

hugs from one mom to another
skichik79 said…
why was your baby in CHEO at 3 months ?
Loukia said…
Thank you - children are truly gifts from God and are so precious! Hugs back to you.

Max - Christos had a UTI and needed to be hospitalized for 10 days until his fever broke and his infection went away. He has a conditon called hydronephrosis which basically means that one of his kidneys drains the urine slower then the other one, and it is a totally treatable condition that most baby boys (and girls, although it's way more common in baby boys) outgrow by the time they are 2 years old. All his results from his ultrasounds, etc. show he has excellent kidney function and will outgrow this in a few months, hopefully!