Skip to main content

The sleepless nights of motherhood...

Sleepless nights... a common reality for most moms. My son is usually a very good sleeper, going to bed around 10 p.m. and waking up between 7 and 8 a.m. He has a great routine. I don't mind that he goes to bed at 10, because since I get off work at 4, I get to spend 6 hours with him! So it's amazing. But last night, he woke up at midnight, crying, and very hot. I was immediately concerned, of course. He was very sad and did not know what he wanted and me and my hubby tried to comfort him and eventually he fell back asleep again, but you could tell it wasn't the most peaceful sleep. I was worried right away, thinking he might be coming down with something, or maybe he has a fever, or what if it is another UTI? I panicked, and seriously did not close my eyes until 3 a.m. I worry way more then I should. I would not take his temperature for fear that he might have had a fever. I slept beside him the whole night. Eventually, he fell into a deep sleep and as of this a.m. he is A-Okay, according to my grandmother. So, phew... the mommy worry is insane. I think on nights like that that I can't go through it all again with baby number 2. But these nights are so few and far between, I know it's just my brain on lack of sleeping talking. But seriously - after having gone through what we have with CHEO visits in the middle of the night and staying in CHEO for days on end, I have a right to be extra worried and panicked. I'm on 4 hours of sleep and although I'm super tired, am releived to know my little boy is feeling good! Maybe he had a tummy ache, or a bad dream, or maybe it was a tooth coming in that was bugging him... anyway... hugs to all the moms out there who know what I'm talking about and who have been through this before.

Comments