Skip to main content

Carnival of Play!

Play... it's what children do best, right? I'm writing this post as part of the PhD in Parenting Carnival of Play.

My children are 3 and a half years old and 1 years old. And my gosh, do they ever love to play! I am a very hands on mom; I love to interact with my children, and get down and dirty with them. I love to teach them new things, read to them, make things out of play-doh, colour with them, run with them, laugh with them. I have vivid memories of my parents playing with me, reading to me, encouraging me when I played soccer and coming to all my dance recitals. A parent should be active in play with their child; at the same time, they should allow their child time to play alone to help foster their independence.

I decided to show you all the different ways a child has fun in 'play' through pictures.

Enjoy!

Picking strawberries...



Playing with puzzles...




Creating with play-doh...




Reading with a friend...




Museum play...



Train play...




Running through the sand...




Making sundaes...




Truck play...




Swing play...




Beach play...




Snow play...




Sand play...



Park play...




And of course, after all that playing... it is very important to take a nap!

Comments

A Crafty Mom said…
Great pictures - looks like lots of fun and fabulous playing!!! And those sundaes look delicious :-)
Amy said…
What a fun looking play room!

Where are all the beach pictures taken? Around here?

(please say around here, please say around here...)
Shannon said…
That pic of the two of them reading is so sweet. Definitely frame-worthy. :)
Loukia said…
Haha Amy... no, not around here... Some are from Florida (Fort Lauderdale/Miami) and some are from Bahamas! :)
Loukia said…
Shannon, actually that is my son Dimitry on the right, and his friend on the left!
Rebecca said…
ahh too cute - love the pics and completely agree with you about parental involvement - so important!
amanda said…
love all the playing but especially love the nap :)
BeachMama said…
Very cute pictures. I just love all the beachy photos :)
That looks like a lot of fun!
Great post girl!
What gorgeous subjects!
Summer said…
Could you have any cuter kids?!? I love them!!!
Loukia said…
Thanks you guys! :)