Skip to main content

I love the whole world

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

I have to say, I was never a big 'environmentalist', but since having children, my eyes have been opened to a whole new world. I am certainly still not as 'green' as I should be, but there are things I do to protect the environment and I do teach my children about the 3 R's - Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle! My oldest son even loves 'composting' when he's at my inlaws.




I am looking forward to taking my oldest son to see the new Disney movie, Earth.

It looks like a wonderful film and just watching the trailer makes me appreciate everything we are blessed with on this awesome planet. I know it will be an emotional movie, so go prepared - Kleenex in hand! The movie tells the story of 3 animal families and their journey through Earth. I am especially looking forward to seeing the elephants. I just hope we can convince my son, who is suddenly afraid of the 'darkness' of movie theatres, to see this with us.

Bonus - if spend 75 dollars at Shoppers Drug Mart today, you receive 2 free movies passes, plus a free eco-bag that you can use again and again!

If you don't feel like venturing out on Earth Day, but still want to watch something 'earthy' with the family, I suggest buying or renting Planet Earth. We have the DVD's, and they are just awesome.

And here's a commercial that will most certainly make you happy - I love the whole world by the Discovery Channel.

My boys love this commercial - My oldest son sings this Boom De-Yada all the time, and my baby boy dances to it. If you haven't seen it, check it out! Boom De-Yada! And I guarantee you'll be singing along the whole day, too!

And don't forget to head over to your local Starbucks for a free cup of coffee on Earth Day - All you have to do is bring in your travel mug and they'll fill it up for free!

Residents of Ottawa can also receive a free tree for their front lawn by contacting the City of Ottawa. Another great way to be 'green'!

For more posts about Earth Day, check out these blogs: A Little Bit of Momsense and Canadian Lawyerista

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Comments

Chantal said…
great post. Enjoy your coffee!
Yay! Thanks for the shout out!
Amy said…
I just finished posting that commercial on my blog! Ha.

Great minds...
Rebecca said…
Thanks for the link to my blog ;)

Great tips about Shoppers - I wonder if my 2.5 year old would like the Disney movie? Hmm, it may be worth bringing him just to see...