Skip to main content

Monday, Monday

Today, instead of going to work like I usually do on a Monday, I stayed home to take care of my little boy who has a bad cold. Runny nose, cough, watery eyes, the works. He needed some mommy love today and it was great to be able to spend a whole extra day with my boys. So far, Dimitry is not sick, but you know it's bound to happen, especially since he drank from the same bottle of water as his older brother!

Christos and I went to get the mail at one point, and a letter had arrived from his school. (Eek - his school!)

"Christos, look, it's a letter from your school, they want me to answer a few questions about you."

"Like what, mommy?"

"Like, do you follow directions?"

"Yes."

"Can you use crayons and scissors?"

"Yes."

"Can you use the washroom on your own?"

"Yes." "Mommy?"

"Yes, love?"

"Does it ask if I can clean?"

"Aww, no sweetie, they don't ask that."

"Well, write it down. Tell them I know how to clean!"

And he totally made a good point, you know. I feel like writing a letter to his teacher (Eek - his teacher!) telling her about Christos. His interests, how he has a cart that he rolls around our house with cleaning products inside, cleaning everything. Or that he carries a binder with him as he goes around checking to make sure things are working, like the computer, or the TV, or the 'pipes'. How he sits down to do 'homework' every day; or how he loves playing rock and crystal store. There is so much I want to tell his teacher about him, and I hope I get a chance to before he begins school, his new adventure, in the fall.

Comments

forget writing a letter....just send him to my house!
Stephanie said…
EEK! So hard when they are getting ready to go off to school, and it sounds like your babe is ready! Good luck to you:)
Lady Mama said…
That is so cute that he goes around with his cleaning cart! (handy too) And he likes homework too? Sounds like he's ready for school. Hope you don't all get his cold.
Oh, going to school....it is so bitter sweet to think about!
BeachMama said…
Oh my goodness, how cute is he? Great job Mom.

Our school had an opportunity to meet the teacher before he actually started. This is when you tell them all about your son and how wonderful he is. And to ask questions. They call it an intake interview at our school. I missed mine because Apple was born the night before.
Chantal said…
Awe sweet! He is going to LOVE school :)
Jessica said…
OMG, that is so freaking sweet! You totally should write a letter! I mean, why not?? If I was a teacher, I'd be really touched by the gesture of an introduction letter from a parent :)
I totally think that you should write the letter. If I was a teacher, I would be so excited to learn even more about my students!
Burgh Baby said…
Send him over to my place! I could totally use someone to help out here and there and everywhere.
Too sweet Miss Loukia, what a dear he is!
Smiles at you,
tp
twinmomplusone said…
what a sweet child!

seems like he's ready to go!
which school?

hoping the cold bugs leave your house soon!
AnchorMommy said…
I hope he's feeling better!

So how did you get Christos to love cleaning? Is it something he just picked up? My boy will "clean" for two minutes -- tops -- then it's back to getting out every toy imaginable.
Abby said…
Encourage that cleaning habit! That's awesome. My son does not share that hobby, sadly. He's more into the messing-up part.
tiarastantrums said…
my kids keep getting colds too - one ends the other one starts up again - terrible start to spring and summer
Christos is SO smart! I love that he answered all the questions himself... and had a little addition :-)