Skip to main content

Ring-a-ling... soon it will be Christmas time!



It's two weeks before Christmas.

Somehow, this month has just snuck up on me, and each day is going by so fast it's giving me whiplash. I love December, so I really like to savour each day, and enjoy all the festiveness with my boys.

We've already decorated the house, indoors and outdoors, put up the Christmas tree, hung our stockings by the fireplace, written letters to Santa, mailed out our Christmas cards, and I have bought and wrapped plenty of presents. (However, I'm nowhere near done, except for my children!)

In the next two weeks, I'll be doing some Christmas baking, using some of the wonderful festive baking supplies I won from The Best Mom On The Block, and I will finish up all my Christmas shopping and wrapping. At the same time, I'll continue working until the 23rd, and attending a total of 4 parties next week, as well as my son's Christmas celebration and party at his school.

This means I'll need a few new outfits, and shoes, for myself.

And then, as I wasn't busy enough, we'll be hosting a party for all our friends the day before Christmas Eve. Which also means I need to get myself organized, and figure out what I'll be serving!

Oh, but that's not all, my friends. On top of everything big and small that we've got going on right now, I decided that this weekend - two weeks before Christmas - was the perfect weekend to freshen up our walls, and paint our kitchen and family room.

So now?

My house is in shambles.

It looks like we just moved in. Our family room has NO furniture in it - it's all been moved into our dining room and living room. The children's toys are everywhere. All the paintings have been taken down, as well as all the pictures. It's... well, it's craziness! I am, however, excited to see my new walls and I'm looking forward to doing a bit of re-organization before Christmas.

Ho-ho-ho.. all I want for Christmas is some sanity!

Comments

Paint? Now? You are daring!

I bet it will be beautiful and well worth the hard word. Take pix before and after!
Anonymous said…
have a glass of wine while you paint - it'll put it all into perspective! :o)
Pres. Kathy said…
Even though Christmas is such a hectic time of year, it is also my favorite. Don't worry, everything will work out and you will have beautiful walls to prove it!!! Have a great weekend!
SimplyFrugal said…
The painting sounds like something I would do! Actually, come to think of it, I wanted to paint our bedroom but hubby had to stop me. Next year he says. Your picture of the wreath actually reminded me I still need to hang up our wreath! Thanks!
Stephanie said…
Ha Ha! That is far worse then my sudden need to clean out the entrance way closet!
Unknown said…
OMG Loukia, you're nuts! I'd be so stressed if I did something like. You are brave!
Things always get so crazy this time of year, don't they?
CaraBee said…
What were you thinking, woman? Painting? Now? Insanity!

It's all I have, just trying to get the cards done, the gifts bought and the baking done.

On the upside, your family room and kitchen will look spectacular for your party!
You are so like me! It is just like me to take on a big project right before a holiday or big event! I can't wait to see the colors you picked out!
You do crazy things during crazy times like me! I am always piling everything on at once. I so hope you post pics of the new room colors. I love painting! You are very busy....good luck!
Mommy Bear said…
I couldn't even imagine starting a paint job now! I would go insane! LOL
Lady Mama said…
Haha, I'm in the same boat - we're still trying to put our house back together after the renovations. Not good timing with everything else going on! I love this time of year though, and the chaos is just part of it. Have fun at the parties!
Liz Mays said…
You are so brave to do the painting during the holidays!
Hey, you are about a millions steps ahead of us. Hardly any decorations in sight.
Really? You're painting? Wow, bold move! I bet it will look great when it's finished though!

I feel the same way about Christmas this year! It snuck up so quickly! After some whirlwind shopping last week though, I think I'm close to being done. Phew.
Jessica said…
Upcoming parties are the PERFECT reason to renovate and redecorate! It gets a fire going and shit happens when you want it to happen! Your house will be dazzling when all is said and done, I'm sure.

I wish I was coming over!
Jessica said…
I almost cannot wait for Christmas just to see how it went at YOUR home! Can't wait for THAT post! CLeared out living room.. that is great. More room for toys!! ANd the painting... you might be superwoman. I'm just trying to remember to shower. xx