Skip to main content

Pretty Little Things

I miss the sun, warm days, and flip flops on my feet. I miss little dresses, patio nights, and the sounds of summer, like my children splashing in the pool. I miss the smells of summer, too, like suntan lotion.

I'm over winter—the cold, the snow, the blowing wind, the ice, and all the winter gear that has taken over my house—enough! Sadly, winter is not quite finished with us yet, as is quite evident by the looks of things out there right now. (Just brutal.)

Thankfully, I'm leaving winter behind for a vacation down south, to my favourite south Florida resort, where I'll be enjoying the warm sun on my skin, and the fact that we can all wear our summer clothes again... at least temporarily.

Bring on the sunshine.

Here are some colourful things that remind me of spring that I'm loving right now:

Hanky Panky: These are, hands down, the best. They're comfortable, sexy, and come in many awesome colours. These make a great little gift, too and are totally affordable. You can stock up on your Hanky Panky addiction at Holt Renfrew or Nordstrom.



Clairisonic Skin Cleaning System:  I love when my skin looks and feels clean, smooth, and youthful. I'm looking forward to experiencing the great facials at Precian Laser Spa, but an at-home cleaning routine is key to great-looking skin. This Clarisonic Skin Cleaning System is an at-home cleaning kit that'll keep your skin looking great all the time. (And this particular pink Clarisonic skincare brush contributes to the Look Good, Feel Better program, helping women with breast cancer.) "With daily use the Clarisonic reduces dry skin patches, oily areas and blemishes and immediately leaves skin feeling and looking smoother." Sold!


Ariella Collection Silver Scross Initial Pendant Necklace: I love initial necklaces. I have a silver necklaces from Citrus Silver that was given to me with my children's names on it. I'd love to add an "L" initial, too, and this one is so pretty, and affordable—it's only $44.00! (This one is available at Nordstrom.)


Sunglasses: I love buying new sunglasses. Although I normally stick with Chanel when it comes to sunglasses (I'll buy a pair that'll last for years, and I wear them religiously every day!) I am loving these Lilly Pulitzer sunglasses. The colour is perfect for spring and summer. Can't go wrong with turquoise! Best part? They are under $200.00.


    Tory Burch Perfume: I love trying and loving new perfumes and scents, and this perfume by Tory Burch is quite lovely, like everything she creates, from shoes to handbags. I'm also really loving the new Estee Lauder fragrance, Modern Muse, and always have a sample or two in my make-up bag.


    Swimwear: Since I'm heading down south in a few days, I had to stock up on some new swimwear! My mom bought me a new turquoise bikini for Christmas, and I purchased a new coral coloured one. A girls needs some variety, right? I love the swimwear from Body Glove, because the bathing suits and bikinis are well made, and affordable. 


    Toms Wedge Sandal: I love Toms. With every Toms product you purchase, Toms helps someone in need. I love that the company donates a pair of shoes (or eyewear) to a child in need every time you buy a pair. I am currently craving these wedge sandals.  (And by the way, Toms shoes are very comfortable!) 




    Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm: I love Carmex Lip Balm, and not just during the winter months. I recently tried the new Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm Limited Edition Design Collection, which made my lips feel super hydrated and soft. This new collection features the same ultra hydrating, satin gloss lip balms you can expect from Carmex, only this time in cute little stylish sticks. (They come in Fab, Adventurous, and Chic. All three have aloe, vitamin E and SPF 15 sunscreen to protect lips no matter the season!) You can pick these up at Shoppers Drug Mart or Sobey's, but I'm giving away these three new Lip Balms to two of my readers. 

    Just leave me a comment below and you're entered to win!




    Here's to looking ahead to spring, even though it feels like winter will never end. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, my friends... so hang tight!

    Comments

    Glogirl said…
    I love lip products and would love to try these balms from Carmex!

    ajmizen(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Karen said…
    I just gave my son my little pot of Carmex this morning. It now resides in his desk at school. I could really use these balms.
    Fiona said…
    OMG!! Hanky Panky underwear is my absolute fav! I got three pairs for my bachelorette party and I actually save them to wear because they are so damn cute and comfy! Can't beat 'em! But then I never wear them 'cause I don't want to not have them to wear! I know..stupid..;)
    Anonymous said…
    What a great giveaway :)
    Unknown said…
    Thanks for the giveaway. Great suggestions, love the pendant necklace it's classic.
    flowerchild said…
    I have never tried Carmex products before, thanks for the giveaway

    flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com