Skip to main content

Surprise The Kids With Nerd Block Jr.

We're over the excitement and craziness of the holidays, and we've settled back into our daily routine quite nicely. Despite the freezing cold temperatures we've been dealt, I'm thankful for our daily routine. After school, although we're busy with activities and tennis lessons and Cubs, I always find time to spend quality time with my boys, so we can talk about our day, and truly connect. I cherish every moment—truly.

I miss my boys when they were toddlers and young children; but now, it's an entirely new world of fun. I love seeing and learning about the things they are interested in; reading, writing, building LEGO, playing Mario Kart and Minecraft and spending time on their iPads actually playing educational games and learning while they're online. My oldest son is devoted to science and math; my youngest son loves to use his imagination with play, writing, and creating. They are very different, and yet similar in many ways; for example, they both love video games, and challenging each other.

I was recently approached by a great Canadian-based mystery subscription company called Nerd Block. It's basically a mystery box for "geeks" and "nerds", where subscribers receive a box filled with toys, collectables, and a custom t-shirt every month. It's considered "Comic Com in a box, every month." Sound fun, doesn't it?

New to the Nerd Block family is Nerd Block Jr., which is catered to children and contains age appropriate toys. I was sent a sample box for my boys, filled with Super Mario Bros. and Minecraft items, and they loved it. I think Nerd Block Jr. is an excellent surprise to give to kids, and to give as gifts for friends, especially if they live far away; what a perfect surprise to receive in the mail! You can customize your box, and if children have different interests, you can get a girl box or a boy box, if you want. You can choose to subscribe for three, six, or 12 months; totally up to you. I love that you can pick your theme, too, so you don't receive items you don't want.


To find out more, check out the Nerd Block Jr. Facebook page. I think you'll love it as much as my children did! I think a special monthly subscription service that delivers a surprise box of items that children are interested in is such a cool idea.

Comments