Skip to main content

Get Outside (And Get Moving!)

Summer is all about backyard BBQ's, ice cream, enjoying drinks on the patio with friends, and of course, vacations. I'm excited to be heading back to Greece this summer with my family. Despite  all the economic uncertainty in Greece, there is no better time to travel to the one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The beaches, the food, the people, the history‚ the sights and the island life (Mykonos, Santorini, Zakinthos, Lefkada...) are like no other. And you'll leave with memories to last a lifetime.

Right before every vacation I try to lose a few pounds, especially since I know I'll be spending my days in the sea, in a bikini. I'm pretty confident with my body and my curves, but still—when I have a goal in mind, and something to strive for, it makes me work harder to achieve my goals. Although maintaining a healthy balance of eating well and working out, I find myself more motivated before I have to hit the beach in the summertime.

Summer makes it easier to stay on track because we are always outside, doing fun things like swimming in the pool or the lake. My boys love riding their bikes, and playing soccer and basketball. They just finished one week of tennis camp and they loved it so much, they're going back for one more week.

We had a great time at our friend's cottage a few weeks ago, and loved canoeing and kayaking. It was so much fun, and, believe it or not, it was a great workout, too.

Summer is about finding things you love doing and just doing them. I like to mix up working out outside with time in the gym, taking my favourite Body Pump and Cycling classes at GoodLife Fitness—they are my ultimate favourite and pump me up.





Whatever you're doing this summer, I hope you're having fun and staying active.



Disclosure: I am a Brand Ambassador for GoodLife Fitness. I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with GoodLife. All views and opinions are my own. 

Comments

Maria said…
Loulou I'm happy for coming to Greece for vacations. Everything is ok. No worries about money or anything else. Things are ok and let me say sadly that the Press did all the messy situation. You will see it yourself... have a wonderful time!!