Skip to main content

Mother's Day Gift Guide

As a mom of two adorable, smart, and funny boys, my favourite thing about Mother's Day is... well, just being able to spend time with my children. After all, they're my entire heart and world, and they fill me with so much joy every day it feels like my heart might burst. And every day, I am in awe of how much they've grown, and how they're becoming their own independent people. I cherish all the time we have together, and love that they still want me to put them to bed every night. I know this won't last; so I'll enjoy it while I can.

Of course, anything hand-made with love from my boys is the ultimate Mother's Day gift, but what else would a mom love on Mother's Day? I was on CTV Morning Live talking about the great gifts I'd love to receive... and give... this Mother's Day.



Here are some great gifts to give for Mother's Day:

A luxurious getaway: I was on a press trip to Toronto recently and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Toronto. Any stay at a Ritz-Carlton is guaranteed to be a luxurious experience, with service unlike any other. The Ritz-Carlton Toronto is right downtown, and the rooms are gorgeous, complete with ceiling to floor windows and stunning views of the CN Tower and Lake Ontario. The rainforest shower and oversized bathtub with TV built-in to the bathroom mirror and heated floors? Also very amazing. While treating mom to a night or two away at the Ritz-Carlton Toronto, how about also treating her to a spa day a the My Blend By Clarins spa, located on the 5th floor of the hotel? It's North America's only Clarins Spa, and you can also indulge in the indoor saltwater pool, too, before or after your treatments.




An at-home spa day: Who doesn't love a spa day? How about changing things up and treating mom to an at-hom spa day this year? All you need are the right tools—like the MICRO Pedi and MICRO Nail set to give you a perfect salon-like manicure and pedicure. You can buy these at Shoppers Drug Mart. Finish with some gorgeous news nail polish from CND. The new Flirtation collection and Spa line is a perfect for your pampering date with mom.










Tee time: High tea is a great idea, but so is getting out and golfing now that the weather is nicer. I love Adidas Golf and their cute clothes and shoes made for golfing. If your mom loves to golf, or is trying it out this year for the first time, buy her a cute golfing outfit, shoes, and hat from Adidas Golf to complete her look on the green.






Pamper mom: A good skin care routine is so important to me, and probably my favourite night time ritual is washing off my make-up and using my favourite beauty products. Two of my favourite products to use are Clarins and SkinCeuticals. Both have incredible products for moms and women of all ages, and you can customize what you need for your skin type.

The Clarins Multi-Active duo is specially designed for women in their 30's with a busy lifestyle and a hectic schedule. The moisturizers feel heavenly to put on and you can see and feel the results almost instantly. The Clarins Double Serum is one of their most popular and best-selling products ever and can be used for anyone from their 20's and up.


SkinCeuticals is fairly new to me. I was first introduced to this skin care line in Bal Harbour when I was reviewing Gee Beauty. SkinCeuticals is a great skin care company dedicated to providing advanced skincare backed by science. These products are used in salons, med-spas, and by dermatologists across North America. My favourite products? Serum 10 and C E Ferulic. These serums are amazing and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and defend against environmental damage. They are ideal for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
For more on SkinCeuticals, check out my post here.




Kitchen gadgets: A new stainless steel coffee maker from Kitchen Aid would make anyone happy. Especially me, because I cannot live without my coffee. And more coffee. And more coffee. A juicer from Hamilton Beach is also a perfect Mother's Day gift. I love this juicer, and I love knowing we're getting all sorts of goodness in our shakes.



Books: Books are always a great gift idea, and I love receiving books for Mother's Day. Chapters Indigo is my favourite place to shop for books and all sorts of beautiful things like candles, notebooks, scarves, bags, and mugs.







For the sporty mom: I can never have enough work out clothes, and I'm loving the new sports bras by Anita. These sports bras are cute, stylish and provide excellent coverage and support. You can pick them up at many fine boutiques and Nordstrom Ottawa.



 Happy shopping... and Happy Mother's Day!

Comments